Thursday 21 June 2012

bear paw, 1930, amish 4patch

At our quilt weekend in 1998 we each made a Bear Paw Quilt. Instead of making one large quilt I decided to made two smaller ones. I made a lap size quilt for my mother-in-law and a twin size quilt for my nephew.


The same year Taylor and I made a simple quilt using 1930's reproduction fabric. I cut the squares and she did the sewing, it was a lot of fun! I finished it with prairie points around the border and started to hand quilt daisies in the white squares. When I took this photo I realized I hadn't finished doing them, so I hope to complete all the daisies this summer. I haven't hand quilted in quite a few years!





If my memory is correct we made an Amish 4patch in the fall of 1999. I think I taught this quilt. Again we all used solid colour fabric as the Amish do. Traditionally one of the squares would be facing the wrong direction. As you can see that was no problem for me, I managed to mix up a few, not even on purpose. This is a wall-hanging size, I hand quilted it but never put the binding on it. That will be another summer project!

No comments:

Post a Comment