Monday 11 June 2012

quilt show

Going through my photo albums has really been alot of fun. These are a few of the photos taken at our first Riverview Quilt show in 1997. We really enjoyed all the quilt shows we went to and finally decided we were ready to host our own. It was lots of work transforming the community club into a quilt show, but we had lots of volunteers. 

We put an ad in our local newsletter asking people to drop quilts off to my house that they would lend us for the show, and we got a great response from the community. We had a variety of old and new quilts on display. 
We set up an area with tables and chairs and served angel food cake and tea. I wish I could remember more details but it seems to me we set up, had the show and took everything down all on the same day!

This is the beautiful pinwheel we made to for a raffle draw, the proceeds went to the club.

No comments:

Post a Comment