Friday 7 December 2012

cakes and quilts

It's been ages since I've had time to work on my blog, November and December just seem to be so busy. My twin nephews recently turned 7 so I have a cake update. The theme for this year was Power Rangers. I had to google them to see what they looked like, my kids must have been the wrong age when they were popular the first time around. It's amazing what you get to learn when you have kids in your life! The first two cakes are their family birthday cakes, then a photo of them in their Halloween costumes, which my sister made for them and then the school birthday cake!





I also found some quilt photos that had gotten missed so I'm putting their photos in now!

I designed this lap quilt myself using fabrics that reminded me of the fabulous week Barry and I spent in the Mayan Riviera in Mexico in 2011. I loved the bright colours of Mexico, especially the turquoise water!

This is a wall hanging that I started several years ago and finally finished!

 Last year I wanted to design my own quilt pattern. It was much harder to do than I had expected! I made the one above in blues and greens and it reminds me of the south of France.
This was the first version, unfortunately the colours in this photo don't really show up as well as I'd like, that's why I made the second version in brighter colours!

No comments:

Post a Comment