Friday 20 July 2012

collected quilts

I'm up on the third floor working on this blog before it gets too hot up here. There are lots of good things about living in a hundred year old home, but the bad part is no central air conditioning! It's been about 30 degrees celcius everyday for the past three weeks so it can get pretty hot up here!

Over the years I have collected a few antique quilts. Unfortunately, none of these quilts have any info on the back, a good reminder for me to remember to include name of quilt pattern, quilter's name and year made on a label on the back.

This one is machine pieced and hand quilted. It was in perfect condition when I bought it. It now has a few nibbles on the binding from when I had the hampster cage too close to it. The hampster is thankfully long gone!

This one has some damage on it but I love the colours!

This quilt is all hand pieced from strips of satin, something I would never attempt because it's so slippery.

This one is just stripped of fabrics from the 30's and 40's that someone has sewn together.

No comments:

Post a Comment