Thursday 2 August 2012

another mystery and hole in the wall

Today is cloudy and cool, at least for this morning. It's been a full month of 30 degrees and sunshine which is great, except the third floor where my computer is, does not have any air conditioning. I see the sun is peeking out so I better get this going.

In the fall of 2005 alot of the ladies in the quilt group worked on Santa Banners to hang on their doors for Christmas, but my sister was pregnant with twins to arrive in November so I made 2 baby quilts instead.

They were under 5 lbs each and very tiny, in this photo they are both lying on one baby quilt! They are now almost seven years old and their quilts are still being used!

I had been looking for quilt patterns on the internet and came across one that was for a mystery quilt that I really liked. It made a wallhanging size. I printed out all the instructions as we needed them, so each week was a mystery to me, too. The first step had the material quantities and the first sewing instructions, so I bought my fabric and sewed that step and then taught it to the group. We got together at someone's house from the group every couple of weeks and I would teach them the next step. My quilting friend from BC wanted to make it, too. So I sent her all the steps and she followed along with us and was able to join us for one of our last meetings, bringing her finished quilt top with her.

This is a photo of my finished quilthanging on the front porch. Below are a few of the others that were made. Some of the photos were taken before they were completed.




And this is our family photo taken that year with the mystery quilt hanging in the background.

In 2006 several iron on applique wallhangings were options we could make, or we could work on our own projects. I had seen this Hole in the Wall pattern and just loved it. So this is what I made at our community club retreat in 2006.

I always change the colour from the pattern, but I didn't this time, unfortunately it matches nothing in my house. But I'm glad I made it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment