Tuesday 21 August 2012

a day at the fair

Hi, my best friend Mona came in from Vancouver with her sister last week to visit their dad, who lives 3 houses down from my mom, that's how we became best friends! Anyway, besides the visit, she also came to enter some items in the St. Vital Agricultural Fair, which has been going on for over a hundred years. You can enter all kinds of things, vegetables and flowers that you've grown, baking and all kinds of handicrafts. So the three of us, plus a good friend entered some things and all four of us actually won some ribbons, and a little cash!

I won first place in the wall hanging category for this felt quilt.

I won second place in the fancy cushion category, you can see part of my friend's sunflower cushion which won third prize.

I won third prize in the watercolour category for this columbine that I painted last summer at Clear Lake.

Mona won first prize in the applique quilt category. When I took this photo she told me it better not end up on by blog, but the quilt is so beautiful it had to!

Mona's first prize quilt block, mine didn't win anything! Her's was much better.

Our friend's first prize cake in the cake decorating category, looks good enough to eat!

Mona's sisters honourable mention watercolour!

No comments:

Post a Comment