Friday 11 May 2012

choosing a name


About 17 years ago, we decided to plant an ornamental tree in the frontyard of our first house. We wanted something that had bright pink flowers and no messy fruit to clean up. We planted our first Muckle Plum tree there. We weren't disappointed, it was beautiful!  When we moved across the backlane to our current home we immediately planted two Muckle Plums. These photos are from this year.

Muckle Plum trees only grow 15' tall, which is great if you have a small space that needs some colour. They turn a bright orange in the fall.

Years ago I made crafts and sold them at the Riverview Christmas Craft Sale at our community club. This is the tag I designed (I drew this plum even though the trees don't have fruit). I just love the way Muckle Plum sounds so that's what I named my blog. Good thing I already had both of my kids or one of them might have gotten that name.

No comments:

Post a Comment