Wednesday 16 May 2012

the next three quilts

Hauling out all my quilts from their various storage spots and then photographing them and trying to remember all the years I made them has been quite a trip through memory lane.


At our third Quilt Weekend, in 1995, we made the Triple Irish Chain. For some strange reason I made a queen size again. This time I only had to pick out 2 colours which made it easier. I remember the orignial pieces were small so I made my strips wider, which turned out to be a really good thing. I machine quilted this whole quilt, including the free motion areas in each large which centre.

It seemed the more quilt weekends we had the more of us were getting hooked. Sometimes smaller groups of us got together at the club to work on quilts. The quilt below is one where 6 of us from the neighbourhood found a pattern called Cinderella. It is completely made from scrap fabric. The pattern was labelled as being Quick and Easy, neither of which was true, but we had a really great time. Each of us made some squares, which we shared, so each one of us took home basically the same quilt. This was the last quilt I hand quilted.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. Your quilts are so beautiful I love the top one Gladys. YOU inspire me to be more careful( a huge challenge for me) and get my points touching and not disappearing.Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun we had. What ever happened to what was her name? I remember her son's name Kevin. She made the Cinderella with us. Keep up the blogging, I look forward to it. You are inspiring me to get back at mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Shelly, I think her name was Deanne. Were there 5 or 6 of us, you, Elaine, Kathy, me and Deanne?

    ReplyDelete